Animated Ace Logo

Intra Company Transfer Program

This Program is specially introduced for corporations, subsidiaries and partnership firms etc. and offers Canadian work permit. These entities must be running and performing day-to-day business activities in the country where they are registered and paying taxes. They should be at least one year old. In fact the older they are, the better it is for the purposes of immigration.

CBI Detail Section Image

Details of ICT

International employees can land in Canada as Intra Company Transferees, provided the employer and the employee’s relationship has been for over one year in the last three years.

Who qualifies for ICT?

ICT Program is for owners, executives; senior managers engaged primarily in supervisory roles or management of an enterprise. ICT is also for workers with specialized knowledge. This knowledge can be of a product, service, or process. Minimum work experience required should at least be of one year and there has to be genuine/qualifying relationship between the employer and the employee to acquire a work permit.

Once the eligibility criteria have been met, the business can register itself anywhere in Canada. From choosing the business structure to having a Canadian resident as director, you can consult your lawyers/law firm to guide you more on this.

After registration, a work permit application is filed. The applicant gets a closed work permit while his/her spouse gets an open work permit which allows them to work in any field of their choice. The dependent children under 22 years of age can also accompany.

What after the Work Permit?

Renewal of work permit: Work permits (initially issued for one year) can always be renewed provided that sufficient evidence is established regarding the ongoing, qualifying relationship between the Canadian & foreign corporations, there has been a continuous business activity and the new office has had appropriate staffing as per IRCC guidelines.

Conversion to Permanent Residence: In Express Entry System, this program improves transferees’ CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) score thus making it easier to apply for and get Permanent Residence in Canada. They can also opt for ‘non-express entry’ routes like PNPs (Provincial Nomination Programs).

Why choose ICT?

If you work for a company that has a parent company, branch, subsidiary, or affiliate in Canada, you may be able to secure a Canadian work permit through the Intra-Company Transfer program.

Employers bringing international staff to Canada as intra-company transferees are exempt from the requirement to obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). For this reason, the process can be quicker, simpler, and more cost-effective than the LMIA route.

Qualified intra-company transferees provide ‘significant economic benefit to Canada’ through the transfer of their skills and expertise to the Canadian labor market. Intra-company transferees may be from any country.

Contact Us

We ensure that we address all the communications within 24 hours. We are just a phone call or a click away from our present and prospective clients. Please get in touch to book initial consultation with our panel of lawyers.

Get In Touch